Who We Are
Advoc8 is a brand experience and marketing agency in Washington, D.C., representing major companies, campaigns and causes. We advocate for our clients' objectives using three fast-growing mediums: impactful events, powerful advertising, and brand merchandise. We create experiences that transcend the traditional and strive to reinvent the medium.
Our team works hard, smart and we care about each other. We are proud to be a part of the creative, fun and passionate community in Union Market. Our office is full of snacks, laughs, and tons of coffee. Kirby is our most well-known team member and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
What’s the Job?
When someone tells you "that's impossible," you get excited. What someone might see as a logistical nightmare, you see as an opportunity to thrive and express your creativity. You love staying on top of industry trends and you care about every last detail. You can pivot from B to B conferences to B to C consumer activations with ease and understand how events are a critical component to an overall marketing strategy.
As part of the Events and Experience team, you'll lead event planning and production for big and small brands in a range of industries. From event conception to execution you’ll head up project teams from brainstorm to production, leading the charge on creative ideas, innovative event solutions, client relations, budget management, design, logistics and production. You love challenges and are always looking for creative ways to overcome them, while exceeding expectations.
Our Perfect Candidate...
- Has 5 years or more of experience in the experiential production industry or a closely related field. Previous brand or agency experience would be ideal.
- Has broad knowledge in the nuts and bolts of events - can lead the charge in working with venues, ordering catering, fabricating scenic, integrating event technology, talking content creation and managing onsite staff.
- Has experience managing a team of people and multiple stakeholders during the course of a project.
- Has experience managing a project from start to finish. You know how to take ownership and assign tasks, prioritize objectives, set deadlines and create deliverables along the way.
- Knows your way around a budget. Large or small, you can manage a project budget and are knowledgeable about industry costs and pricing.
- Is scrappy and has a willingness to take on challenges, find solutions and try new things.
- Is a natural leader. You can clearly articulate and communicate your ideas and the ideas of others. You can chat somebody up over the phone and in person and you’re not afraid to speak up in a brainstorm session.
- Enjoys building relationships. You can't help but make vendors, clients and partners into friends.
- Is completely confident in using Microsoft Office and anything and everything in the G Suite.
- Is a creative thinker – You don't like average and are always looking for ways to make an experience special.
- Is a team player who loves being part of a team, isn't afraid to get their hands dirty and is always willing to pitch in.
- Good vibes only – things don't always go as planned, but can keep a smile on your face and not let problems get you down.
- Owns a pair of comfortable shoes – You're ready to be on your feet for a client, sometimes for long days.
- Is comfortable travelling 15- 30% or more - our events happen locally, but also nationally and internationally.
- Can work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
- Lives in, or is willing to relocate to Washington D.C.
- Collaborative and creative work environment with professional development and growth opportunities
- Competitive base salaries with team-based bonuses
- 100% coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance for all employees
- Commuter benefits
- Free food. Stocked fridge, nitro cold brew coffee, weekly team lunch and dogs
- Unlimited vacation policy with approval