Who We Are
Advoc8 is a brand experience and marketing agency in Washington, D.C., representing major companies, campaigns and causes. We advocate for our client’s objectives using three fast-growing mediums: impactful events, powerful advertising, and brand merchandise.
Our team works hard, smart and we care about each other. We are proud to be a part of the creative, fun and passionate community in Union Market. Our office is full of snacks, laughs, and tons of coffee. Kirby is our most well-known team member and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
What’s the Job?
When someone tells you "that's impossible," you get excited. What someone might see as a logistical nightmare, you see as an opportunity to thrive and express your creativity. You care about every last detail and are always looking for ways to improve the process. You love to learn, are interested in all kinds of events and can't wait to try everything from meetings to music festivals.
As part of the Events and Experience team, you'll assist with event planning and production for big and small brands. From event conception to execution you’ll have your hands in every part of the planning process, supporting the Lead Event Producer in researching, sourcing and securing everything from venues, to entertainment and technology. You'll be an integral part of client management and communication to ensure our clients always have the best experience, and will take on internal projects that help grow the business and keep the team on track.
Our Perfect Candidate...
- Is fresh out of college with an internship or 2 under their belt or has 1-2 years of experience in the event industry or related field.
- Is scrappy and has a willingness to take on challenges, find solutions and try new things.
- Is a terrific communicator. You can clearly articulate and communicate your ideas and the ideas of others verbally and in writing. You can chat somebody up over the phone and in person and you’re not afraid to speak up in a brainstorm session.
- Loves the idea of being able to wear multiple hats and can prioritize, multi-task and self motivate.
- Enjoys research and is willing to put in the extra effort to find the best options for our clients.
- Is completely confident in using Microsoft Office and anything and everything in the G Suite.
- Is a creative thinker – You don't like average and are always looking for ways to make an experience special.
- Is a team player who’s not afraid to get their hands dirty and is always willing to pitch in on anything from proposal development to warehouse organizing.
- Good vibes only – things don't always goes as planned, but can keep a smile on your face and not let problems get you down.
- Owns a pair of comfortable shoes – You're ready to be on your feet for a client and are willing to work the occasional night, weekend and long day to pull off an amazing event .
- Collaborative and creative work environment with opportunities for growth and mentorship
- Competitive base salaries with team-based bonuses
- 100% coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance for all employees
- Commuter benefits
- Free food. Stocked fridge, nitro cold brew coffee, weekly team lunch and dogs
- Unlimited vacation policy with approval